A graduate of UCLA, Steve Snyder lives in Seal Beach, California. In 2009, he retired from Vision Service Plan (VSP) after a 36 year career working in sales and sales management. He then began his quest to learn more about the World War II experiences of his father, pilot Howard Snyder, and the crew of the B-17 Susan Ruth. It became his passion, and after 4 ½ years of dedicated research, resulted in his book, SHOT DOWN, which has received 25 book awards. A member of numerous World War II organizations, Steve is past president of the 306th Bomb Group Historical Association. He keeps very busy making PowerPoint presentations to all types of organizations and attending air shows around the country signing copies of his book.
Remote | In-Person
Twitter | Facebook
1. 8th Air Force
2. Air War Over Europe
3. B-17 Flying Fortress
4. Escape & Evasion
5. Belgian Underground & French Resistance
6. World War I
Steve has had the privilege of being on over 90 + video and podcast interviews
To review please visit his website
1. What sparked your curiosity to really dig into the history of WW2 and your father's experience?
2. What was one major detail in the story that stands out to you?
3. What is your dad's story?
4. What did you learn after writing this book
5. Advice you have to those who have family members overseas?
6. How important is the education on history?
7. there a message in your book that you want readers to grasp?