Ms. Morales is a native of Brooklyn, NY and graduate of The Juilliard School where she received her BFA Degree in dance. Her professional career includes Eglevsky Ballet, Maryland Ballet & Eugene Ballet before joining The Dance Theatre of Harlem under the direction of Arthur Mitchell. She quickly rose through the ranks and was promoted to Soloist then Principal dancer. In her 11year tenure with DTH she worked with masters such as Fredrick Franklin, John Taras, Suzanne Farrell, Jacques D’Ambroise, Geoffrey Holder. Featured roles include; Waltz Girl in Balanchine’s “Serenade”, Medea in Michael Smuin’s “Medea”, “Desdemona” in Jose Limon’s “Moors Pavane”, Princess of Unreal Beauty in John Taras’s “Firebird” and “Myrta” in Fredrick Franklin’s staging of “Creole Giselle”. In addition to dancing she served as assistant rehearsal director to the company and Master Teacher for their “Dancing through Barriers”, outreach program both in the US and abroad. Lenore performed as guest artist to various companies in the US. Ms. Morales was a featured model for Capezio ads and has been seen in Oprah, Mademoiselle, Pointe, and Dance Magazine as well as Italy’s Io Donna.
Following her performing career Ms. Morales served as director to The Harkness Youth Ballet @ 92nd Street Y and later Ballet Mistress to Staten Island Ballet. Currently she is on faculty at New Jersey Dance Theater Ensemble, a pre-professional training school in Summit NJ. Lenore has been sought after as a master teacher and coach and has worked with schools and festivals such as West Virginia Dance Festival, Scarsdale Ballet Studio, Academy of Dance Arts, Marymount Manhattan College, Tremaine Dance Conventions. She is a certified teacher of Zena Rommett Floor-Barre® technique
Remote | In-Person
1. How do you motivate your students?
2. Why is ballet a good form of exercise?
3. What attributes are gained by taking ballet class?
1. Brand Ambassador Select Podcast
1. What is your training and background?
2. How long have you been an instructor and what styles do you teach?
3. How do you inspire and motivate your students?
4. How do you conduct a typical class?
5. What is one skill you need to work as a successful dance teacher
6. What skills do you possess that makes you an excellent person to hire as a dance teacher?